About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
.Everything happens for a reason and when we least expect it. Not one to wait for things happen, I tend to push for what many call IMPOSSIBLE. I am the self published author of "Broken Promises Never Mend" which is currently on amazon.com. I am very proud of my accomplishment seeing as though I was told many times that I cant do it and also that I shouldnt do it. I go against the grain and can be a rebel of sorts. My intentions are good and I always usually win in the end. Not one to stay idle, Ive also been an entrepreneur and created gift baskets, scented candles and incense for many customers and have been blessed to even have gifted celebrity clients such as Nicole and Boris Kodjoe of Showtime's hit show "SOUL FOOD". I thank you for networking with me and God's Blessings! ~Essence M~

Thursday, January 14, 2010

I DID IT


WHEW! I did it! I published my book and it will be available on Amazon.com in a few weeks... Im praying honestly on a release date of 01-25-10 (meaning thats when it'll be available to the public). That date is significant for a few reasons which I'll get into as it approaches. Many think that publishing a book is a small accomplishment. Well if they dont think so, they for damn sure act like it. As if they could do it themself.. but the thing is THEY DIDNT. Many see errors as a way to look down on a new author as someone that didnt do their research, one that is misinformed, etc. The bottom line is maybe no one took them aside and said constructively, "this is how you do such and such... let me help you."


There are honestly a few people that I can say helped me wholeheartedly along the way without looking down on me and making me feel like I cant do it. I had one person damn near get angry when I said I was giving up. "Oh Nooooooooooooo the hell you arent! Push for it! I know you can do it and YOU know you can do it too!" And I did... I did it for the first time privately and bragged continuously. I received constructive criticism to which I did the best and changed things around a bit without taking away from what I set out to do originally. I think it came out well for my first literary venture. I know some will look at it like wow..... both with negative and positive connotations but I know for ME... I did what I set out to do and successfully. I self published a BOOK. Not many can say that....... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment