About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
.Everything happens for a reason and when we least expect it. Not one to wait for things happen, I tend to push for what many call IMPOSSIBLE. I am the self published author of "Broken Promises Never Mend" which is currently on amazon.com. I am very proud of my accomplishment seeing as though I was told many times that I cant do it and also that I shouldnt do it. I go against the grain and can be a rebel of sorts. My intentions are good and I always usually win in the end. Not one to stay idle, Ive also been an entrepreneur and created gift baskets, scented candles and incense for many customers and have been blessed to even have gifted celebrity clients such as Nicole and Boris Kodjoe of Showtime's hit show "SOUL FOOD". I thank you for networking with me and God's Blessings! ~Essence M~

Friday, July 13, 2012

A Letter to My 16 Yr Old Self


A letter to my 16 yr old self.
Hey Allison. In twenty years you would have been through so much but you would have survived. The man you felt you would be spending forever with would move on and leave you behind.  The good thing is that from the love you once shared with him there would be offspring from that unity. Two sons to which you will love with your whole entire being. You will go to the heavens and above to make them happy and you and their father will reach a place where you can actually call each other friends. That won’t interfere with any romantic relationships. You will have hits and misses and one of them will cause you to go into a deep depression and almost abandon life itself. . That’s the relationship that will catapult your writing career. You make it through and you will love again. He’s not who you expect him to be but you will know when you see him. Your struggles aren’t in vain and while no one might understand just what you do, or how you think, it works for you and that’s all that ultimately matters.
Remember the journals and poems you used to write in PS 78? Well your writing career will span way past that. You would have begun the steps to build an extensive catalog of novels. You will also be surrounded by peers and mentors that are bestsellers so do your best and soak up all the information from them because they want the very best for you. Your life will be very hard in some aspects and you would have survived illnesses that would almost take your life. You will maintain friendships from junior high school, high school and even elementary school. These people will cause you to remain grounded and you will always be ALLIE to them. Remember who you are always. Trust has always been a problem for you but in time it will work out for you. There will even be times when situations of betrayal and violation make you want to just give up and crawl into our safe and secure Cancerian shell. Don’t. There’s so much beauty and grace within you. The world needs to see.  I know how we are. When its time for you to come out, you will but don’t forget that I love you and I’ve made the best decisions possible so when the time comes we wont have to struggle so much. If no one tells you that they love you, remember always that I love you.
Allison, age 36

No comments:

Post a Comment