About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
.Everything happens for a reason and when we least expect it. Not one to wait for things happen, I tend to push for what many call IMPOSSIBLE. I am the self published author of "Broken Promises Never Mend" which is currently on amazon.com. I am very proud of my accomplishment seeing as though I was told many times that I cant do it and also that I shouldnt do it. I go against the grain and can be a rebel of sorts. My intentions are good and I always usually win in the end. Not one to stay idle, Ive also been an entrepreneur and created gift baskets, scented candles and incense for many customers and have been blessed to even have gifted celebrity clients such as Nicole and Boris Kodjoe of Showtime's hit show "SOUL FOOD". I thank you for networking with me and God's Blessings! ~Essence M~

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Baltimore Urban Book Festival Day 1

I was excited as I packed my stuff to travel to the Baltimore Urban Book Festival the beginning of May. Not only was I going to possibly sell some books but I was going to network and see some of my author friends that I hadnt seen in weeks, months or even the last year. Always good to see my facebook and twitter friends. 
Boarding the bus to MD/DC I thought about who I would see and how would it be. Would they embrace me? Are we still cool? Not that it mattered but I know who's in my inner circle and who I can trust and depend on. 
First on deck was the meet and greet. I was honored to have been accompanied by two facebook friends and avid readers. They were able to see what my life has now become. Its always a pleasure to show people how I "get down" and who I am as an author, friend and person. As I pulled up to the location in Baltimore, Maryland I was excited to see some familiar faces. I first saw K'wan, author of Eviction Notice, Eve, Gangland, and more! I then saw Eyone Williams, author of Lorton Legends and JM Benjamin. Amongst others in attendance were Tamika Newhouse, Azarel. DC Book Diva, Rahiem Brooks, Envy Red, and Erick Gray. Wahida Clark also stopped in to show love and we conversed briefly. I always like to come out and show my friends love and support because you never know when you will need the same in return. 
We all drank, ate and mingled anticipating the next day and what would occur.... I decided to go to my hotel room after. I was greeted by a fire alarm or drill. I was out in the rain for thirty minutes while they investigated. By the time I was indoors I was dead tired but I managed to do a ustream video to update you all about what happened LOL. 
Needless to say I didnt sleep until 5am that morning and ended up getting to the festival late.......... stick with me and see what happens next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment