About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
.Everything happens for a reason and when we least expect it. Not one to wait for things happen, I tend to push for what many call IMPOSSIBLE. I am the self published author of "Broken Promises Never Mend" which is currently on amazon.com. I am very proud of my accomplishment seeing as though I was told many times that I cant do it and also that I shouldnt do it. I go against the grain and can be a rebel of sorts. My intentions are good and I always usually win in the end. Not one to stay idle, Ive also been an entrepreneur and created gift baskets, scented candles and incense for many customers and have been blessed to even have gifted celebrity clients such as Nicole and Boris Kodjoe of Showtime's hit show "SOUL FOOD". I thank you for networking with me and God's Blessings! ~Essence M~

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Harlem Book Fair 2011


Harlem Book Fair 2011! Where anyone who is anyone can come purchase books, mingle, sell, advertise and rub elbows with the best of the best and those that aspire to be. I totally forgot to update you all about all that I did. I shared a table with another author and got there fairly early. It was HOT!!!! When I say hot I mean well over 100 degrees but I saw lots of old friends, comrades and colleagues. Too many to name but I saw Erick Gray, Wahida Clark, T. Styles and the Cartel Publications, Takerra Allen, Envy Red, Tamika Newhouse, Anna J, rapper Styles P, Treasure Blue and K'wan along with many others. I took pictures with many and they purchased my novels and mingled. The day before was a meet and greet at the DejaVu Book Lounge located in Harlem, NY and alot of the authors I saw were also at the Harlem Book Fair. There are so many people with stories to tell and they aspire to be authors. One never knows how an inspirational story can assist in making ones dream come true. I am never one to kill a dream as I know what it feels like to experience the same. It was my second time at the Fair and I had an absolute blast. People knew me and bought my books. I took pictures and mingled. Its always good to be recognized for your work without anyone having to say, "this is Allison, author of Broken Promises Never Mend & Bound by Lies". Now I get "Oh My God. Why did you end this book that way. Is there another part?" I LOVE that aspect and recognition and its because of readers like you all that allow me to strive to be the best and to do what I do. I want to be the very best at my craft and give it all of my wholehearted attention so everyone can be happy. I believe JOY is at the end of a well written novel! 





No comments:

Post a Comment