About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
.Everything happens for a reason and when we least expect it. Not one to wait for things happen, I tend to push for what many call IMPOSSIBLE. I am the self published author of "Broken Promises Never Mend" which is currently on amazon.com. I am very proud of my accomplishment seeing as though I was told many times that I cant do it and also that I shouldnt do it. I go against the grain and can be a rebel of sorts. My intentions are good and I always usually win in the end. Not one to stay idle, Ive also been an entrepreneur and created gift baskets, scented candles and incense for many customers and have been blessed to even have gifted celebrity clients such as Nicole and Boris Kodjoe of Showtime's hit show "SOUL FOOD". I thank you for networking with me and God's Blessings! ~Essence M~

Friday, June 22, 2012

Part 2..... The Black Pack Party

Ahhhhhh the BEA was successful so now we all gathered to meet at a restaurant in Harlem called Londel's for the Black Pack Party. As seen in the picture above it was filled with African American authors of all genres coming together for one specific purpose..
 UNITY IN LITERACY. Sounds oh so simple! It is! We all dont know each other but for that day it was like meeting aunties, uncles and cousins that we havent seen in a long time It was definitely a reunion of sorts. I had never attended this event before but everyone made me feel so much at home. I appreciated it and look forward to next year's event :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment